Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What Are Jewish People Influenced By?

Uncle Ben Soul

L'Oncle Ben Soul, whose real name is Benjamin Duterde, was born in Tours in 1984. At first stage name was Oncle Ben but had to exchange it for a rights issue with the American rice brand Uncle Ben's . His penchant for soul and black music is not surprising since it takes listening to her since before birth, because his mother was passionate about that kind of music. Ben was rocked with Otis Redding or Sam Cooke . He took his first bottle and porridge with Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin , Marvin Gaye and other Motown artists on the label , who lived in her mother's nightclub. And so much fervor that comes Benjamin is this sound that was tattooed on his left wrist that word "Motown"

Ben studied Fine Arts and in 2004 began his musical career within a gospel group called Fitiavana . Then also acts as the opening act for Musiq Soulchild , Raphael Saadiq or India Arie. Benjamin is also a great lover of hip-hop and has collaborated with Oxmo Puccino, Hocus Pocus or Assaillant Beat, among others, accompanying them on stage in some cases, and writing some letters, in others.

In 2008 Motown division in France is interested in him. Have you seen the version that Ben made of "Seven Nation Army" White Stripes and want to sign him. In 2009 it published a first maxi-single that included that version.



maxi is titled The Soul Wash and consists of six tracks that recreate as many songs from the 90 and 2000 but interpreted as within 60. Songs like "Barbie Girl" Aqua , "Say You'll Be There" by the Spice Girls or this "Sympathique" group Pink Martini .



The May 17, 2010 goes on sale the first album by Ben L'Oncle Soul, titled the same, L'Oncle Ben Soul, and is composed by 14 tracks, sung in English and French and recreating the era of the 50, 60 and 70, although most are written in the first decade of the 21. Songs that convey mood and speaking, especially in relationships, but also alcoholism, "L'ombre d'un homme" (The shadow of a man), or humanitarian aid, "Break" and where Sorry the wake of Smokey Robinson, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder or The Temptations . The album art is also a recreation of those 50 to 60 Americans. Ben appears in the photos elegantly dressed in costumes of the time and nice part of ads in that time.

The song most representative of this first album L'Oncle Ben Soul is that you can listen to and whose translation can then follow below. It is entitled "Soulman."



Ben in July in Paris has been filming a short film by 25 minutes to be called "Soul Wash, the movie" a kind of romantic comedy, fantasy-musical. In the short Ben plays the owner of a record store, "Soul Records" is about to disappear because the soul discs are not sold. The solution is unfortunately a magic potion that gives her grandfather, played by Jacob Desvarieux group Kassav , and is called "Soul Wash, precisely.

Selected for the Prix Constantin 2010 . On Friday 12 November, a jury chaired by Marc Lavoine will announce the winner.


For more information, click aquí.

+ + +



Uncle Ben Soul - "Soulman"
Extract from the eponymous album (2010)


I do not look for Spike Lee
I not genius De Vinci
I have not set foot on Earth,
the patience of my banker
I have not these things. I

not the wisdom of Gandhi,
assurance Mohammed Ali
I not the soul of a gangster,
goodness of Abbé Pierre,
Neither the aura of Guevara

I'm only a Soulman
Dig that, Baby I'm not a Superman
,
Far there
Just me, my delusions,
j'n'ai nothing else to offer
But I know that in fact it is already that I


not physical magazines,
J ' not have the humor of Charlie Chaplin
I did not know everything
The expertise of Bocuse
No I did these things

I have no chance of Neil Armstrong
I have not the middle King Kong
Several strings to my bow,
fervor of Rosa Parks
Neither the courage of Mandela

[Chorus] (x2) I wish I

be like them
Being unusual
J ' I tried, I did
Mais mon mieux d'quoique
Fassa à la fin je

[au Refrain] (x 2)

Juste moi, month delirious,
Mais je sais c'est déjà ça fait qu'en

L'Oncle Ben Soul - "Soulman" Extrait de l'album
Éponyme (2010)


I have not the eyes of Spike Lee
I have not the genius of De Vinci
I have no feet on earth, nor
patience of my banker.
No, I have those things.

I have not the wisdom of Gandhi,
or the safety of Mohammed Ali.
I have not the soul of a gangster,
or the goodness of Abbé Pierre, or the aura
de Guevara.

Just a Soulman
Listen to this,
Baby I'm no Superman, far away

Just me, my delusions,
I have nothing more to offer
Although I know that's something.


I have no physical magazines,
I have not the humor of Charlie Chaplin
I have no science or art infused
Bocuse.
No, I have those things.

I have no chance of Neil Armstrong
I have not the size of King Kong
or hundreds of resources,
nor the fervor of Rosa Parks
and value of Mandela.

[au Refrain] (x 2)

I would have liked to be as they
be someone unusual
I tried, I gave
best of myself
but whatever you do, the end ...

[au Refrain] (x 2)

just me, my delusions,
Although I know that's something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment